Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Introduction of an Autocad Operator




I was being introduced to AUTOCAD during my academic subject in college. We are 20 students in my major of Architectural Drafting Technology. We had only one computer in our Drafting room. Our beloved instructor introduced and taught us the basic of Autocad 2002 at that time. Each batch had three students in every session. Frankly I would say that I cannot focus on it. I am only jotting notes and did some hands on application because of the fact that we are three students learning together in one machine.

One of the requirements on my course and major is to have an OJT (On-The-Job Training) before can graduate. During my OJT period, my target job was being an autocad operator. Unfortunately, I was being hired by a furniture company and my work was only for freehand drawings.

In March 2005 I was graduated in a four-year course of Bachelor of Science in Industrial technology - Architectural Drafting technology. After a few weeks, I applied and was being hired in a position of 3D-CADCAM Designer. We used Think3-ThinkDesign Expressions software for making 3d models. The said software is good and has some advanced commands for solid modeling and surfacing. We prepared scaled 3d models of cars, airplanes, tanks and its accessories, etc.

After three years of being a 3D-CADCAM Designer I resigned to my previous employer and decided to apply and work abroad. Fortunately, I was being hired as an Autocad Operator here in the Middle East. At first, I doubted and asked myself if I can really make it. As far as I know, I don’t have proper training regarding Autocad and don’t have any work experience on it.

And now, I am ready to be with my long lost friend named AUTOCAD and willing to meet some other friends in this world.

…next posting will be my work background and my sample of works (a beginner works, haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

my sample of works (drawn in autocad,3dmax,photoshop)

Custom Search